Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of learning a 2nd language?
2. Why study Arabic?
3. Are there any career opportunities for Arabic?
4. What is Fushaa Arabic?
Classical Arabic focuses on interpretive skills so that students are proficient in grammar and reading comprehension. Classical Arabic consists of Arabic literature, poetry, Quranic studies, and Hadeeth (narrations of the Prophet Muhammad).
Modern Standard Arabic focuses on interpersonal communication skills so that students are proficient in conversation, listening, and writing compositions. Modern Standard Arabic consists of media, communications, and publications.
1. What type of Arabic is taught at the Arabic Language Institute (A.L.I.)?
2. Does the Arabic Language Institute (A.L.I.) teach Quranic Arabic?
3. How long will it take to learn Arabic?
4. How long are the Arabic courses?
5. How is a student’s level determined?
Students are also required to take a final examination upon completion of each level or course of study in order to advance in their Arabic studies. Students must score at least 70% of the final examination in order to move to the next level or course of study.
1. Are the classrooms co-ed?
1. What is included in student tuition?
2. Will tutoring be provided to students?
3. Are there any discounts for families?
• Family Discount: the family discount for families consisting of 2 or more members is 10% starting with the 2nd member of the family.
• 3 Level Special: the discount for any student that pays for 3 consecutive levels of Arabic studies is 15% no matter which course of study is chosen.
• Student Referral Program (Word of Mouth): a $20 discount will be given for every new student that enrolls from a current student’s referral.
1. Does the Arabic Language Institute (A.L.I.) provide financial assistance or scholarships?
2. Is the Arabic Language Institute (A.L.I.) accredited?
3. Is there any onsite parking at the Arabic Language Institute (A.L.I.)?
4. Are there any additional Arabic resources available online?